XNX Transmitter Installation Manual
XNX is an extremely flexible transmitter that can be configured to accept input from any analytics range of gas sensor technology. It can be configured to provide a wide variety of industry-standard output signals. This allows users to have a single type of interface to all their gas detection requirements, even when different detections are employed to most effectively address the distinct gas detection application on-site.
XNX Transmitter Configuration
XNX has three basic personalities which support various types of sensors. The board of character and optional output interface are enclosed in the electronics POD. The personality, option, and, Displayed determine the XNX transmitter behaviour based on the sensor type attached to it and the selected output option.
An mV (millivolt) personality is used for all mV signal input sensors, including MPD, sense point HT, PPM, and the Model 705. The EC personality is for use with the XNX EC toxic and oxygen sensors. While IR ( infrared ) is used with the search line Excel and open path search points, optim plus point interferes with gas detectors.
Types of XNX transmitter installation
There is three types of installation.
- Single transmitter: this is the simple kind of installation. It consists of a single XNX transmitter installation per power source.
- Multiple transmitters connected to a single power source: Two or more transmitters share a single Power source, with each transmitter having its dedicated wiring to the power source.
- Multiple transmitters connected in a ‘ Daisy-chain ‘ configuration: this configuration consists of two or more transmitters installed in a line. The power connections are established as an extension of the previous transmitter, with the first transmitter being the only one wired to the power source.
Read Also: Xnx Xnx Honeywell Gas Detector Datasheet Pdf Download
Easy to use
- Easy read multilingual backlit LCD with text bar graph, digit and icons.
- Local on remote sensor mounting options are available there.
- Selectable sink, source or isolated 4-20mA output to suit preferred wiring topology.
- HART communication as standard for remote diagnostics/configuration.
- Integral surface mouthing users or optional pipe or ceiling mounting brackets.
- 5×M25 or ¾ m NPT cable/Conduit/sensor entries
- Plug-in ‘ POD ‘ module removers to give access to the terminals area.
- Removable plug/socket type terminal blocks for ease of wiring.
Overall, XNX Universal Transmitter is a comprehensive gas detection system designed to operate in hazardous locations and utilise multiple sensor technologies, catalytic bead, electrochemical, or infrared to detect toxic, explosive, and oxygen depletion gas hazards. Each technology has a dedicated personality board. Electrochemical technology is used with the XNX electrochemical board. EC sensor measures employ the patented Reflex cell fault diagnosis routine. Reflex checks for cell presence, cell dry-out, and cell open or short circuit. The transmitter automatically initiates reflex at eight-hour intervals. It is also undertaken on power-up, or sensor fault code is displayed. For additional information about any of the sensor kinds, refer to the applicable datasheet for the supported sensor.